In the world where everyone want to gain fast and quick fame and forgetting that each hard earned fame has and will have to be worked for,it is easy to forget about the truly “Gifted and Talented” that make a change and difference everyday of their lives.
EZM would like to acknowledge this very special feature on our page to give recogonition to the inspiring, aspiring and gifted people of todays society and giving people a chance to have a look into their lives, be inspired and to know that life is not just glitter on gold on the silverscreene but as everything earned in life you will have to work for it and you will have to start from somewhere to do so.
Anthony Christopher Chileshe Banda, mainly known as Anthony Banda is a true African dream.
– Born as the 2nd child of James Banda and Bridget Banda 1991, Anthony Banda is one of most successful young football players that has emerged out of Zambia.
He has played in numerous countries representing Zambia but currently in Spain playing for Pontevedr
Anthony started his career playing for the football soccer academy “Chiparamba Great Eagles” where such known names like Clifford Mulenga, Dominic Yobe and Boyd Mwila started their foundation.
After have trained and represented Chiparamba, Anthony continued his dream at a football soccer academy in South Africa, working hard, and aiming for the top. Today Antony is the captain of the Zambia National U-20 team playing for a football team Pontevedr in Spain. Anthony also have his own Football academy in Zambia, Lusaka, where young aspiring players like himself work day in and day out to fulfill and achieve their dreams.
We caught up with the aspiring football star to find out how this soon to be 20 year old, manages to be a director,footballer and a young man at the same time.
“Many of the people who saw me growing up, would not by then believe that I would reach this far. I was a skinny tinny tall little boy and most thought that I played football because I was bored and never wanted it as bad as they did;but I never gave up on my dream no matter what anyone had to say”
What made you want to become a professional football player?
– My grandad made me want to become a football player,then kalu inspired me from that day i have wanted to be better than kalu. Which i will be
what is the hardest part of being a football player.
-The amount of sacrifice that takes place, you sacrifice your family and your own life to be the best, and you have to be willing to look past that and focus on the very things which matters and that is to become better and grow as a player.
In a country where there are alot of aspiring young football players,what makes you stand?
– Hard work makes me stand out from the rest, I make sure I do what no one does. I work harder, Irun faster from what the rest do and always make sure I analize myself after each game and see what I could have done better.
You are one of the few successful young football players in Zambia and being the national captain, How does it feel being a captain by your age?
-Being a captian is an honour, I feel so honoured especially being a captian for my country, its hardworkbut its worth the job. I find it easier,because I think that Im one of the people who are born natural leaders but Im always willing and open about how I can develop my leadership skills and emerge as a leader.
What position do you play
– I’ma central midfield play and that is a alot of running up and down and I have to make sure that Im where Im needed.
– I wear jersey number 6
what is your dream team
– My dream team is Real Madrid because there are so many great players and being in Spain you feel the passion that every supporter has for their team and I basically its one of the best teams in the world.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years
-In 5 years I see myself being one of the best players in the world, and every single day I work extremely hard to achieve this. I train and go through every step to the point and I make I do my best for the future to have the best for me.
Your football academy school, how do you reach out to the players?
–My academy is about producing the best people can be players or can be lawyers. It is about giving youth and teens a chance to life and path towards their dream and future.
How do you manage being an owner, director, football player, captian and other things we might not know of?
–I do not know either, but guess when something is your dream, your life, your future and goals, you make sure that you give your absolute best in to it. The academy is about giving youths a chance and everyday that I wake up, I give them a chance and I manage, but mostly I pray and have faith for the best.
Most people might recogonize you by your surname and your grandfather being the president of Zambia, have you benefited from that and how does that affect you and peoples thoughts about you?
– Iam a football player, and everything for me to be here has been all in my favour. I work hard every single day of my life and have always done like wise and never depended on anyone than myself for the hardwork. About people and their interpretion about it,people will always say something cause they always want to blame something on something but for me the most important thing is being the best player I can be and an inspiration for The Academy.
Few words to your fans and supporters?
– To the aspiring youth reading,what do you have to say.
Always aim for the moon even if you miss you will land amongst the stars. Always have ambition, see it and you will have it.
By: Lillian E.D Mumba