Muiti-talented is the word which best describes her,she’s young and very ambitious.. Dj Lalita from honefm is a smart young lady,one could tell just from the way she talks(she talks alot and she really enjoys it) She’s open-minded and very out spoken.. She’ll be turning 21 years in a few weeks and yet she has achieved so much in her life and she’s still moving mountains.She started deejaying in 2006 up to date she has never disappointed her fans. Holder of a diploma in Art and Design, Lalita is so passionate about Art,she loves writting,painting and drawing,and she’s currently working at Coeur de lion as a graphic designer.. She does’nt consider herself to be intelligent,but rather smart. To her being intelligent is an over statement. EZM is all about exclusivity,quality and standard,thats why we feature only the best.
Name: Henriett Buwalda aka DjLalita honefm..
Occupation: Dj/Graphic designer.
Schools Attended: Haijpark and Tyawald high school. Zimbambwe..
What inspired you into becoming a deejay?
Lalita.. *laughs* No one really, i just got into this industry because i love talking and for the love of music,its something that i always wanted to do and i do it to the best of my abilities..
Are you Zambian?
– Yes.. I am zambian by birth,my parents originate from Netherlands,i spent most of my time in Zimbabwe i have a few relatives there..
You’ve been staying alone almost your entire life,whose been guiding you on the ways of life??
– *smiles* Well,I have a few relatives in Zimbabwe and they gave me advice here and there. I am quite sturborn,I love doing things my way. I love to observe people,I grew up seeing alot of bad things happen and I believe you can only learn if you go through something bad. I am very optimistic and I really love comforting myself. When something bad happens,I just tell myself that everything happens for a reason and soon,and see the brighter side of life sooner or later things will be ok.
Can you speak any local language?
– *laughs* just a few Bemba and Nyanja words,my dad speaks Tonga,Bemba and Nyanja so well. I just dont know what happened to me.. I can speak Shona though,it sounds like Nyanja..
Are you dating?
– Yeah.. But its quite complicated though,we have some ups and downs just like any other relationship. You know how it is when you starting dating things are all rosey,but eventually things start changing you now begin to see the real them. But we still holding on,its all good.
How did you come up with the name Lalita?
– I had gone for auditions at honefm,then i won the part. I was then asked what name i wanted to be called when am on radio, i was completly blank did’nt have any name in mind,my friend Candy she’s also a dj at honefm chose the name for me. My friends love giving me names,i have so many names,my boyfriend calls me Henrri..
One thing people dont know about you?
– I can’t sing,i have never even tried it my voice sucks
One thing you cant live without??
– I used to think i cant live without my phone,but all that changed when i lost it.. So i would say,i can’t live without money, i love to move with a little bit of money just incase of anything..
Your greatest treasure in your closet?
– My bangles,I never go any where without them.. I really love bangles..
Where do you see yourself say 5 years from today?
– I would love to see myself deejaying for a much bigger radio station and also would want to be in a serious relationship,I don’t want to get married when i am more than 30,its quiet scary..
Which style defines you?
– Adventurous.. If theirs such a thing*laughs* i love feeling comfortable,i am so into flats,i can wear heels but my feets hurt. I believe style is not about enduring pain just so you look nice.. It’s about feeling comfortable in what you wearing. I love artistic things it’s amazing how i would turn a simple outfit into some more stylish and artistic.
– Time. I love to multi task,i can’t focus on one thing,I need to learn how to manage my time.Would love to do more shows.
– I think having people to love what I do,has been such a great achievement, Without them am nothing.
– I love sunshine,so obviously it should be during day time and it should involve milkshake,i love it.. Sight seeing or an exibition would do,i love doing things differently i am not a cliche kind of a person.
Q.. Future plans?
Lalita.. I want to study graphic designing next year.. Want to open a small graphic designing company also.. I am patient,so i wont rush into doing things. When i want to do something,i make sure i do it,it doesn’t matter how long it takes. I love lingerie,i believe every woman should feel good inside out,wearing sexy lingerie makes you feel so confident.. Would love to start designing lingerie for women.