EZM had the chance to meet up with one of the youngest,talented and skilled designers in the country. Every single designer we feature in our magazine we truly cherise and appreciate their creativity and design in so many ways and Ms Mwangala is one of those who stand out.
Seeing her creations and designs,they truly are up to date and more inspired by the western world also very focused on african fabrics and designs.
Mwangala is definetly one of the designers to look for in the coming years of the fashion industry.
UPCLOSE AND PERSONAL
FULL NAME: Mwangala Luhila
ANY NICK-NAME: Mwangi
UNIVERSITY ATTENDED AND PROGRAMME OF STUDY:Vaal Unversity of Technology – Fashion and Design
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FASHON ITEM THAT ONE SHOULD NEVER GO WITHOUT?
– Ladies never ever leave without your hand bag!! Absolute no no!
WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE CELEBRITY?
Les Nubians, Erykah Badu, Beyonce knowles, Boris Kodjoe, Tinie Tempah, I just love them!
WHICH INTERNATIONAL DESIGNER WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH AND WHY?
– David Tale, well because I know he is very talented and I look up to him.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PASS TIME ACTIVITY? :
– I love listening to music in my free time ,old school pretty much my favourite *smiles*.
WHICH IS YOUR FAVOURITE TV PROGRAMME?
– America’s got Talent!
WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC?
– I’m very diverse when it comes to music, i listen to anything that sounds good basically lol, but, my favourite genre’s are RnB, Neo Soul, Hip-Hop, Soft Rock and Zouk.
HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE GLAMOUR? :
– To me, glamour is bling, eligance, a great ‘cut’ outfit that eccentuates your body and a great pair of signature shoes ;).
GIVE THREE TIPS ON GLAMOUR?
– Do not over do your accessories because that might just spoil your whole outfit. 2, A great pair of shoe compliments your outfit so be watchful and wise when selecting your shoes. eligance is glamorous so pick a dress that is graceful and chic if you want to experience that wow moment…short is ok but too short is trashy.
WHAT DIFFERENCIATES YOU FROM OTHER DSIGNERS OUT THERE?
– Hmm well, i guess i don’t set any limitations or boundaries when it comes to my creations, i can go wild with my imagination. Whats the point of dreaming if you don’t dream BIG!!
WHICH IS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT?
– hmm, my most memorable moment….it was when my mum and dad and practically my whole family came to watch me model at the Zambia Super Model finale 2010. That was realy overwhelming for me because it had been the first time in my modelling career that they had ever attended. It made me realise how much love and support i had in my life from my family, and it realy brought my family closer, that for me was just the best present i could ever have for christmas.
WHICH IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASING MOMENT?
– lol, that I clearly remember like it was yesturday. I ‘had’ a tendancy of carring too much laguage when travelling so this one time my laguage actually beat me down to the floor. I fell flat on my bum while trying to reach my passport at OR Tambo International airport infront of a whole lot of people. I could not believe i FELL. I couldnt do much about it but sat on that floor and laughed at myself, it was soo hilarious *laughs*, oh well c’est la vie!
Eccentric couture House
By: Kafula Mutale.